Tangerine was launched as ING DIRECT Canada in April 1997. Tangerine isn’t like a typical bank. For one thing, it does not have brick-and-mortar branches, which means it can pass those savings on to its customers by paying more interest on money you deposit without charging unfair fees. But that’s just the start. Although Tangerine is a bank without branches, it is much more than a website on the Internet. Its presence is also established via mobile, at Tangerine locations and through it contact centres.
- Special Offer: Become a new Client and earn 2.50%* interest for the first 5 months** on your first Savings Account, now including US$ and RIF Savings Accounts.
- *The 2.50% New Client Interest Rate Offer (the "Offer") is available to new Tangerine Clients whose Client Number with the Bank was created between June 16, 2020 and July 30, 2020.
- To receive the Offer, Clients must open an Applicable Account within 90 days of the date their Client Number was created. The Offer applies only to Tangerine Savings Accounts, Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts, Tangerine RSP Savings Accounts, Tangerine RIF Savings Accounts and Tangerine US$ Savings Accounts†
- The Offer is available on new deposits made within 153 days (equivalent to 5 months) from the date the first Applicable Account was opened (the "Promotion Period") to a maximum $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type.
- † For US$ Savings Accounts, the combined maximum deposit amount for this Account Type is $1,000,000 USD.