Balance transfer credit cards are designed to help people save money by letting them transfer high interest balances to an introductory 0% interest or low-interest credit card so that it eliminates you of potential interest charges, which can be quite expensive over months. Transferring balances to a credit card with 0 interest for 12 months can provide substantial savings. If you have $10,000 in credit card debt and are paying an interest rate of 15%, you can save around $1,500 on interest charges over the next 12 months. Your Savings = Your Debt * High Interest Rate – Transfer Fee.
Most credit cards charge a one-time transaction fee for balance transfers, which is minimal compared to the interest charges that you may have saved over the next few months. If you’re carrying a large credit card balance each month, it’s well worth your time and effort to check out these best Canadian balance transfer credit cards. Check out the most popular Canadian balance transfer credit cards that stand out.
- Earn an extra 10% back (up to $100)* for a limited time with a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card.
- Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by October 31, 2023 and earn an extra 10% back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.*
- Earn 2% Money-Back Rewards on your everyday purchases in up to 3 categories of your choice, and 0.50% Money-Back Rewards on all your other everyday purchases.
- You choose the Categories that work best for you-like grocery, furniture and entertainment. There are 10 to choose from.
- Money-Back Rewards are deposited into your Account every month, and there's no cap on the amount you can earn on your everyday purchases.
- No limit on the amount of Money-Back Rewards you can earn.
- Change your 2% Money-Back Categories to suit your spending.
- No annual fee
- Intro APR
- 1.95% on Balance Transfers
- Intro APR Period
- 6 months
- Purchase APR
- Annual Fee