Do you know that most credit cards typically charge a transaction fee 2.5% on your purchases in foreign countries? For example, if you use a credit card to pay $1,000 for purchases or for hotel stays in the United States, Asia, or Europe, you may end up with paying a bill of $1,025 after the 2.5% foreign-transaction surcharge is priced in. A few credit cards do not charge such fees. If you may travel abroad, it is always a good idea to carry a credit card with no foreign transaction fees so that you can avoid the 2.5% surcharge on your purchases.
|Credit Cards||Purchase APR||Transfer Info||Annual Fee||Credit Level|
|Back to top|
|HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®|| |
First Year Fee Rebate. Terms Apply
|Excellent, Good CreditApply NowView Card Details|
|Scotiabank®* Gold American Express® Card|| |
|Good CreditApply NowView Card Details|
|Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card|| |
|Excellent CreditApply NowView Card Details|
- Earn up to 60,000 Points ($300 travel value)
- PLUS a full annual fee rebate for the Primary Cardholder for the first year. Must apply by June 29, 2020. Conditions Apply.
- Earn 3% in travel rewards on all eligible travel purchases (6 Points per $1)
- Earn 1.5% in travel rewards on all other eligible purchases (3 Points per $1)
- No foreign transaction fees. Only the exchange rate will apply.
- $100 annual travel enhancement credit
- 31-day Worldwide Emergency Travel Medical insurance
- This offer is only available to residents of Canada other than the province of Quebec
- Earn 20,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points with your first $1,000 in everyday purchases in first 3 months†
- Earn 5 Scotia Rewards points forevery $1 you spend at eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment
- Earn 3 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, daily transit, and select streaming services
- Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
- Amex exclusive benefits (Front Of The Line)
- Rates, fees, offers and other information are effective as of May 1 , 2020. Subject to change.
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that's up to $400 towards travel )‡
- Earn 2x Scotia Rewards® points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- Enjoy no FX Mark-up
- Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of May 1 , 2020. Subject to change.